Wednesday, March 2, 2016

You Tube Made Me Buy It -- Powders -- Plus My Two Favorite Powder Brushes.




1.  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder -- Diffused Light -- I love, love, love this powder especially for under the eyes.  The slight yellow tint helps hide any residual darkness after concealer and the texture and slight sheen of the powder keeps the undereye area from looking dry and powdery.

2.  It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Anti-Aging Powder -- Another Powder I really love.  This is not unlike most silica powders, w/the exception of it containing skin care ingredients. It really does help diminish the look of pores and a little goes a long way.

3.  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder -- Mood Light -- I used to love this powder when my complexion was darker.  

4.  e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder -- I have to try this more to figure out what I really think of this.  I've used this a few times.  I think having to unscrew a little tiny container just to put powder under my eyes, makes me lazy about using this more.  LOL

5.  e.l.f. Mineral Booster -- Gives a bit of a peach color to complexion.  Really good for mattifying.  Still on the fence about how I feel about it for long term use.  

6.  e.l.f. Mineral Eye Brightener -- I like this better than the bareMinerals Concealer.  Not as thick.  Have to use it more to see if I like this for long term use.

7.  Physician's Formula Nude Wear Glowing Nude Powder -- I got this in a holiday palette in 2014.  It came with the Powder, Bronzer and Blush.  The powder and bronzer are O-kay.  Nothing to write home about for me.  Would not repurchase.  And I never seem to have any luck with Physician's Formula Blushes.  The Happy Booster Blush wasn't bad.  The Sexy Glow blush was really lacking in pigment for me.  This blush was the same -- lacking in pigment.

8.  NARS Soft Velvet Loose Powder (?) -- They don't sell the powder in this square container anymore.  It was fine.  Nothing I was over the moon about.

9.  e.l.f. High Definition Powder in Sheer -- This I really like.  I stopped using it for about a year.  Then I decided to try it again, and didn't know why I stopped using it.  You don't need much at all.  It helps diminish the look of pores and is really sheer.  Plus, you can't beat that price!!!

10. NYC Smooth Skin BB Radiance Perfecting Powder -- I wanted to like this.  The powder was SO soft!  I should have passed when I noticed that the lightest color was slightly too dark for me.  What I wasn't prepared for was the way this powder would instantly oxidize and darken once it hit my skin.

11. bareMinerals Concealer -- I don't know if they even make this anymore.  It covers dark circles but it looks quite dry and cakey under the eyes -- my eyes at least.  So will not repurchase.

My Two Favorite Powder Brushes


This is e.l.f.'s Powder Brush which looks much like a flat top foundation brush except it's not as dense.  I personally prefer flat top brushes for powder because, I can press the powder in, like I would with a powder puff or sponge.  Powder should be pressed into the face rather than swept on the face.  This does the job beautifully and for only $3!!!


This is e.l.f.'s Small Tapered Brush.  I love, love, love this brush!!!  This brush is excellent for patting powder over concealer and for brushing shimmery highlight on the cheekbones or on the bridge of the nose.  I have many backups of this brush because I never quite feel right if this brush is misplaced or in the process of drying and can't be used for a day.  Also $3!!!

Ta Ta For Now!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...