Wednesday, October 23, 2019

My Favorite Travel Essentials Pt. 2 -- Skin Care and Fragrance

I wanted to post this yesterday; but, there was a little snafu.  I accidentally deleted Part 1.  Aaaargh!

So here is Part 2.  My Favorite skin care and Fragrance travel essentials.  I try to keep most of the items I travel with in the bag, ready to go.  This is so I can minimize the time that I spend doing something I hate -- packing.  Hate it with a passion!

This bag and my makeup bag usually go into my personal carry bag, which I will show in a future post. Enjoy!

Fragrances:
I really LOVE Atelier Cologne fragrances.  They are especially nice in hotter climates and in summer.  Most of the fragrances are unisex (with the exception of Pacific Lime, which definitely smells like a woman's fragrance.)

Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatale:  Notes: Bergamot from Calabria, Lemon from Sicily, Heart of Bigaradier from Paraguay, Orange Flower Absolue from Tunisia, Violet Leaves, Black Plum, Heart of Vetiver from Haiti, Cedarwood from Texas, Dark Oud Accord.

Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis: Key Notes: Pomelo, Mandarin, Vetiver

Atelier Cologne Pacific Lime: Key Notes: Lime, Coconut, Eucalyptus

Atelier Cologne Vanilla Insensee: Key Notes: Amber, Jasmine, Vanilla

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine: Key Notes: Geranium, Orange, Blood Orange

Spray Vials: If I feel like taking more than one fragrance with me, I have some 10 ml vials that I decant my fragrance into.  If I'm just taking one, I'll either take my Pomelo Paradis or Orange Sanguine as I have them both in 1 oz bottles.

The Rest of it:
e.l.f. Hydrating Water Sheet Mask: I might use this on the plane during a long plane ride.

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG:  I only use this during the day.  I mix it with the Niacinamide and the Lactic Acid.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%:  This really helps keep breakouts at bay.  Or helps clear them up when I'm hormonal.

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA:  The exfoliating action of the Lactic Acid also helps keep breakouts at bay.

e.l.f. Slant Tweezer:  I learned about this from YouTuber emilynoel83.  These really are decent tweezers -- and they're only $2!!!

Clear and Black vinyl makeup/toiletry bag:  All of it fits in the bag.

Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray:  Really helpful for help keeping foundation on the nose, especially on oily days or humid days.

e.l.f. Brighten Up Peel Pads:  I like the convenience of having an exfoliating toner on an already soaked pad.  Unfortunately, I don't think they sell these anymore; but, the point of me getting these was to be able to refill the container with pads soaked in The Ordinary Glycolic Acid toner.

e.l.f. Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths:  When I need a little extra help taking the makeup off.

SIBU Age Defying Eye Cream:  Eye cream can help the undereye area look more smooth.

First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer:  I'm not into really siliconey (is that a word?) primers.  They make me feel like I've got a ton of oil on my face.  This works really well with my favorite foundations w/o the silicone feel.

Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray:  This really comes in handy in warmer weather.

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask Mini:  I may also do this on the plane for a particularly long plane ride (like Australia).

Supergoop! Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40:  This sunscreen does not feel greasy, it does not feel like silicone, it is a mineral sunscreen which is better for the skin.  It's also small enough that I can tuck it into my purse if I'm going to need to put some sunscreen on my arms.

Finishing Touch Flawless Brows Eyebrow Hair Remover:  Gotta make sure the brow hairs are in check.  This one really trims with precision!  


e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner:  Cleaning the foundation brush is a must to keep bacteria from causing breakouts.  I refill my container with a home made version -- a recipe which I got off of the web.

Ta-Ta-For-Now!
Coco looking modelesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...