Friday, December 27, 2019

Current Music Favorites -- December 2019

For December, I decided to include a mixture of both songs AND albums.  It just felt like the things to do, this month.  LOL  No Holiday music, sorry!  
1.   Audioslave -- Album: Audioslave:
I love the duality of Chris Cornell's low moaning voice alternating with that raspy punch.  The songs go from the roots of Bluesy metal (a la Led Zeppelin) to an almost Gothy tune with Like A Stone.

2.   Black Veil Brides -- Duology Album: The Night:
I love this!!!  It sounds like older material, which, from what I saw in an interview, was intentional.

3.   Motionless In White -- Album: Infamous -- Song: America:
I first heard this song via a music video.  I was instantly smitten.  I love the music, I love the lyrics and I love the guitar solo. And there's something about synchronized headbanging, with heads full of bouncy black hair, on a music video, that is awe inspiring!

4.   Volbeat -- Album: Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies:
Their music is said to be a "fusion of rock and roll, heavy metal and rockabilly".  Whatever it's classified as, I love it.  I particularly love singer, Michael Poulsen's voice!!!

5.   Testament -- Album: Souls of Black:
My friend suggested this album to me.  I've really enjoyed it.  They remind me a bit of Metallica.  I'm sure I won't think so after I hear a wider body of their work, which I hope to be exploring soon.

6.   Ozzy Osbourne -- Album: No More Tears:
My favorite song, the album's namesake has one of my favorite guitar solos in the whole world! I've always found his voice intriguing with it's almost crying wail. 


7.   Black Veil Brides -- Album: Wretched And Divine:
Wretched And Divine is an "opera-style" concept album.  The album really benefits from Jinxx's (or Jeremy Miles Ferguson's) violin and cello prowess.   I just love the combination of metal with double bass and a melody -- then add some symphony style violin and cello -- Magnifique!

8.   Volbeat -- Album: Beyond Hell/Above Heaven:
Did I mention that I love Michael Poulsen's voice?

Ta-Ta-For-Now!
An older pic from before my hubbie and I bought our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...