Friday, March 13, 2020

Current Music Favorites -- February 2020

A hodgepodge of  old and relatively new by comparison.  When you end up spending a lot of time on an airplane all at once -- you find favorites.  LOL

Train -- Drops of Jupiter -- Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me):
I am addicted to this song.  I first heard it months ago at a workshop.  During the month of February, during a plane ride, I became enamored with the song.  Soulful, emotional and picturesque.

Motionless In White -- Reincarnate -- Generation Lost:
Another song that I got into during a plane ride in February.  In a way, this song reminds me of "This Is The New Shit" by Marilyn Manson.  

Rush -- Fly By Night -- Fly By Night:
This song brings back memories, in that abstract way, that the memories are not of any particular thing.  I think of the music book of Rush songs I had -- I was probably 16 or 17.  Wishing I was on my own, with my own apartment.

Motionless In White -- Disguise -- Brand New Numb:
The guitar intro to this song brings to mind images of AC/DC's Angus Young, marching on the stage with his guitar -- even though it doesn't really sound like an AC/DC song. Brand New Numb is full of the kind of energy that I love in a song.

Halford -- Resurrection -- Resurrection:
Rob Halford has an astounding vocal range.  He can sing a low bass note as well as high-notes that most women can't reach.  Resurrection demonstrates his excellent ability for the high octaves!

Black Veil Brides -- Vale -- Throw The First Stone:
The grinding intro to this song gets me every time.  Love it.  And the repeat of that intro in the chorus is just what the Dr. ordered.
  
Pat Benatar -- The Very Best of Pat Benatar -- All Fired Up:
Love her amazing voice!  She is so inspirational.  This song is also inspirational.  

Motionless In White (feat. Jonathan Davis) -- Graveyard Shift -- Necessary Evil:
Yes, three Motionless In White songs this month!  I always thought the lyrics were "I'm gonna have my cake and eat yours to."  Then I realized he was saying, "I'm gonna have my cake and eat you too."  LOL 


Ta-Ta-For-Now!
Luna Toe Beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...