Wednesday, August 17, 2016

July 2016 Favorites -- Beauty & Bath


  1. Kat Von D Serpentina Eyeshadow Palette:  I couldn't not get this!  It's Kat Von D, had beautiful jewel tones and a color named after my favorite jewelry company -- Bloodmilk. The colors are wonderfully pigmented and gorgeous!
  2. Black Moon Cosmetics BLACK METAL TRINITY™ - Limited Edition Pack & Myth:  I had to get these as well.  Black Metal Trinity consists of (according to Black Moon's website):  Immortal: A blackened purple with flecks of purple and arctic blue. Armageddon : A blackened red with hints of copper.  Sorrow: A deep blackened blue with flecks of arctic blue. Then there is Myth: a blackened emerald green with hints of teal to really push this color to the next dimension. They're all BEAUTIFUL.  My two favorites are Armageddon (-- this is the most metallic red I have ever seen!  I was so impressed!!!) and Immortal -- just a gorgeous vampy metallic purple!
  3. Anastasia Beverly Hills - Glow Kit - Moon Child - I was practically salivating over this when I saw it!  Oddly enough, I think because they all came out around the same time, I kind of saw Serpentina, Black Moon's metallic lippies and the Moon Child palette as going together -- and they do, fabulously!!!  A really cool thing to do with this palette is to pair your eye look with the opposite color i.e. a red shadow and lip look with Lucky Clover's hint of green.  It's just beautiful!
  4. Laura Geller New York Baked Color & Contour Palette:  (Shopped my stash!)  Heard about this some months ago from emilynoel83.  I got it after I dropped my It Cosmetics face disk and broke it. (I had used most of the highlighter and I think hit pan on the bronzer.) When I first got this, I was afraid it was going to sit in my makeup drawer unused for the most part.  I had not yet discovered the beauty of Baked French Vanilla.  I don't use it as a cheek highlighter, I use it as an under eye brightener, and in general a middle of the face brightener.  I can also use the bronzer as a contour as it's not uber warm.   The blush has a hint of shimmer and is the most beautiful pinky coral color.  Overall I really love this a lot better than the It Cosmetics face disk.  
  5. e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Eyeshadow in Nude Linen:  I took a chance and got this from e.l.f.  I had a feeling it would work well for me as and eye primer -- and I was right!!!  This is also fabulous if you're going for a no-makeup-makeup look to even out the eyelids.
  6. DIY Cosmetic Containers - 26 MM 5 WELL BLACK PALLETTE, Makeup Geek Flamethrower, Coastal Scents Chamois Nude, Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear, Makeup Geek Bitten, Makeup Geek Cupcake: (Shopped my stash!)  I kept looking at Becca's Ombre Rouge Palette.  I came very close to purchasing it.  Then I remembered that I had an empty 5 pan palette, and some very similar single shadows.  I put Makeup Geek's Flamethower foiled shadow in there as I love shimmer on the lid.  I calculated it.  If I were to buy everything in lieu of getting Becca's Ombre Rouge palette, it would come out only a few dollars less.  But, adding the $40 Ombre Rouge palette when I already had colors like that didn't make sense for me.  
  7. e.l.f. Prime & Stay Finishing Powder: (Shopped my stash!) I bought this months ago because of a the good reviews -- & for $2, why not?  I didn't really use this until I went on a trip. This powder minimized the look of my pores!  -- For $2!!!  
  8. Essence Lash Princess Mascara - False Lash Effect: I heard about this from Young Wild And Polished.  This is a fabulous drugstore mascara! She seems to be the queen of finding really inexpensive kick-butt mascaras!!!
  9. MATRIX Oil Wonders Oil Conditioner:  Ulta was having a sale on their large bottles of hair care.  I decided to try this on a whim. I LOVE this!!!  It's not often I find a conditioner I love.  I have long fine hair that's DRY!!!  This conditions my hair beautifully!
  10. Sun Bum® 3 In 1 Leave In Hair Conditioning Treatment:  This was also on sale at Ulta.  I wanted to try this because it had SPF in it.  I thought it would be great for traveling.  OMG -- this stuff detangles like a dream!!!  A must for long hair!
  11. GOT 2B Glued Blasting Freeze Spray: I have a cowlick in my bangs that causes them to split.  I should have tried this sooner.  I haven't tried every brand of hair spray there is; but, this is the only brand I've tried that really works to keep my bangs in place.  I also use it to keep flyaways from forming when I tie my hair back before going out -- which is every day during summer.  
5 out of 11 favorites were shop my stash items Yay!!!


Ta Ta For Now!
August 17th is Black Cat Appreciation Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...