Thursday, November 7, 2019

October 2019 Favorites - Beauty And Bath

1.   Nyx Suede Matte Lipliner in Jakarta:  I've had this since around Christmas time.  I bought a set of mini Nyx liquid lipsticks that came with matching lipliners.  I have a vertical labret piercing and it makes it very difficult to wear a traditional style lipstick w/o lipliner.  But, I love the precise look a lipliner gives to traditional lipstick. Jakarta is a very pretty burnt orange shade.

2.   Nyx Lip Lingerie Push-Up Long-Lasting Lipstick in Exotic:  These come in some of the same colors that the original Lip Lingerie liquid lipstick shades come in.  I think the Push-Up version feels a little more comfortable on the lips and also looks better on.  Exotic is a lovely burnt orange shade.

3.   Covergirl Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Tinted Lip Balm in Punch:  Tinted lipbalms are nice on days when one would prefer a more natural makeup look; or, if one's lips need a little relief from drying lipsticks.

4.   e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator:  I've been using e.l.f.'s Lip Exfoliators on and off  for some years, now.  YouTuber emilynoel83 made me buy it (LOL).  These work great.  I don't have to stick my fingers into a goopy jar.  They are nicely priced and come in several flavors.

5.   Milani Amore Metallics Lip Creme in Raving Matte: I love a magenta-purple lipstick!  This shade is flattering on me when I want something a little more dramatic on the lips.

6.   Milani Luminoso Glow Shimmering Face Palette:  YouTuber emilynoel83 made me buy this too. (LOL). I'm really loving glowy blushes lately.  This palette also has highlighters and glowy bronzers (which can be used to darken the blushes). After a certain age, looking too matte is not flattering.  This palette can be used on the eyes, as well.  Although I would caution that hooded eyes need some matte to give them dimension.

7.   Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso:  This blush came in a bundle with the Luminoso Face Palette and a Luminoso Lip Gloss.  Holy cow!  There is a reason this blush is so popular!  I was worried that it wouldn't show up on me; but, it does!  Luminoso gives the cheeks a beautiful glow!  I would say it gives more of a glow than their other baked blushes.

8.   e.l.f. Jelly Pop Flush Blush in Berry Pop:  This is another beautiful glowy/dewy blush option that won't break the bank. My recommendation with this blush is to put a dot of the blush on the back of your hand, then use a stippling brush to blend it into the cheeks.  I've found that a couple of  small dots is enough for both cheeks.  You can always add more. Hard to take away if you put too much on.

9.   Manny MUA X Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Palette:  I've had this palette since around when it first came out.  YouTuber mirrorsandhaze made me buy this one.  What stands out, in my mind, in this palette, is the shade Mars (which is described as a deep cherry red with a matte finish) and the shade Insomnia (which is described as a warm red brown with blue reflects and a foiled finish).  Those two colors make for quite a dramatic look, which I love.  I forget, however, that the palette has a host of soft colors that are perfect for a natural look or a more "office friendly" look.  A very versatile palette.

10.  Kat Von D Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette:  I am in love with the shade Clementine -- which is a soft pastel orange that is slightly sheer.  I wish Kat Von D made a single shadow in Clementine.  It is perfect for blending out warm looks.  I have used the other colors in the palette -- mostly for complementing shadows in other palettes.   For me, it works really well for that.

11.  e.l.f. Superclarify Cleanser:  This cleanser works well.  My only wish is that it was in a container that suited the consistency of the cleanser better -- like a pump bottle.

12.  Nquea.d Mediterranean Fig and Rhubarb Candle:  I've had this candle for a while.  I'm reminded of how much I like it, when I'm in the kitchen.  It smells heavenly!  I don't know if this brand exists anymore.  The candle was on sale when I bought it in April at Papyrus.  If it doesn't exist anymore, that's too bad.  It's a really good candle.

13.  Mane 'n Tail Conditioner (Original):  I stopped using this for a little while because I kept forgetting to get a new bottle from our pantry.  When I finally remembered -- several months later -- I used it and was smitten all over again.  It helps with the manageability of my long, easily tangled hair.

14.  DermOrganic Leave-in Argan Oil Treatment:  Although this can be used in dry hair to help detangle and give hair some shine, I find that this leave-in treatment works best when worked into damp hair.  (It will help stop the frizzies before they start; and, help with detangling hair.)

15.  Diptyque Eau Rose Eau de Toilette:  This is like fresh roses layered with more complex notes in the background.  (Per Diptyque: Pick up the petals of a rose, add its green leaves, its stem, and don’t forget its buds. Immerse in clear water and wait to reveal its rosy delicateness, fruity accents and acidulated green notes... Eau Rose is composed like an infusion of the finest damascena and centifolia roses.)  One can definitely smell the "acidulated green notes" in the background.  Now that it's fall, I feel more comfortable wearing a fragrance like this.

16.  Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume:  I love Atelier Cologne's fragrances.  Most are perfect for traveling in warmer weather where fragrances with heavier notes may be too cloying.  (Per Atelier Cologne it's notes are: Bergamot from Calabria, Lemon from Sicily, Heart of Bigaradier from Paraguay, Orange Flower Absolue from Tunisia, Violet Leaves, Black Plum, Heart of Vetiver from Haiti, Cedarwood from Texas, Dark Oud Accord.)  The combination is unisex, with a bitter but refreshing note.  If I were to put an image to it -- I'm reminded of a personal library with luxurious wood shelves that go all the way up to the elevated ceiling.  The kind of library where you need one of those rolling ladders.

Ta-Ta-For-Now!
"What's that over there, Mama?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...