Friday, September 1, 2017

July 2017 Sephora Play Box -- Did I Like It?


1.  CLINIQUE Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser
2.  GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain
3.  TARTE  Rainforest of The Sea™ Color Splash Lipstick in Set Sail
4.  IT COSMETICS Superhero™ Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara
5.  FRESH Rose Face Mask
6.  MADAM C.J. WALKER BEAUTY CULTURE Dream Come True Wonderful Deep Conditioning Masque

I haven't used anything from the box yet.  I do know that  I love It Cosmetics Superhero mascara.  I've had full sizes of the mascara before; and, found it quite lengthening and volumizing without straightening any curl I've worked hard to put in them.  My hair is long and is prone to dryness; so, I am also curious to see if Madam C.J. Walker's Deep conditioning Masque is better than any of the moisturizing conditioners I use right now.  I may, also, try the Fresh Rose Face Mask, one of these days.  I have a difficult time remembering to use face masks.  I want to use them.  What I need to do is set them out somewhere that I can see, or else it's out of sight, out of mind.

I may give the Clinique Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser to my husband to use during travel -- if he wants to try it.  I love my Ole Henriksen cleansers too much to switch.  I will save Mon Guerlain to include with gifts for friends and family.  Same with the Tarte Rainforst of The Sea lipstick.  Ever since I've started using long wear liquid lipsticks, especially after I got my lower lip pierced (vertical labret), I just haven't been that into bullet lipsticks.

Overall, there were some items I liked in July's Sephora Play Box.  I wasn't overly thrilled with it.  An interesting note --  not everyone gets the same items in their Play Box.  I watched grav3yardgirl's  July unboxing and her items were different.  She got BOSCIA Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment, MILK MAKEUP Cooling Water (Stick), BAREMINERALS GEN NUDE™ Matte Liquid Lipcolor, BRIOGEO Rosarco Milk™ Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray, IT COSMETICS Superhero™ Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara and ATELIER COLOGNE
Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume sample.

I think this may be why I wasn't overly thrilled with my box.  I watched her video and was really looking forward to trying the Milk Makeup Cooling Water stick, I knew I would like the Bareminerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor (vs. bullet lipstick), was curious to try that mask, would have taken the Briogeo Leave In Conditioning spray with me when travelling and I know I like Atelier Cologne's Orange Sanguine.  When I got my box, I was like, "Where's all the stuff that grave3yardgirl got?!"  I wish everyone got the same items in their box.

I've already received and opened my August 2017 Sephora Play Box, as you many know from my Brazilian Bum Bum Cream post.  A post on August's box should be coming up next week!  :


Ta ta For Now!
Our dog Sophie, looking quite contemplative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...