Tuesday, April 5, 2016

March 2016 Favorites -- Beauty & Bath

I was going to do a whole post that included other favorites like jewelry, books, etc.  But, since just started this blog & my March favorites are more like a First Quarter, I decided to do them in two separate posts.  Heck, I may keep doing them in two separate posts.

  1. Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™ -- I bought this over a month ago when I saw How To Be Fancy's video about it.  I didn't see the beauty of  this until I was summoned for Jury Duty.  I wore this underneath Too Face's Born This Way foundation.  I was stressed because I usually work from home w/my critters (dog and a cat).  And here I am in a crowded room with strangers for most of the day.  -- This means I was producing more oil on my face than usual.  My foundation still looked good by the time I went home!
  2. Ofra Cosmetics LONG LASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK in Honolulu -- This purplish brown color is not quite I would have imagine for something named after my home-town.  But it's an extremely beautiful color.  It wears well and is comfortable on the lips.
  3. BH Cosmetics Pride + Prejudice + Zombies™ - Eye + Cheek Palette -- I love the colors in this palette!  It's kind of interesting that the 2016 Pantone Colors of the year are Rose Quartz and Serenity (a kind of cornflowerish blue); but, no one in the makeup world (that I've watched) seems to give two hoots about this color.  If anything, the makeup world seems to be continuing the Marsala trend even more strongly than last year. -- But, I digress.  I've been very impressed with this palette.  I think BH has really stepped up their game lately.  The colors are nicely pigmented and blend easily.  the funny thing is, when I got this, I didn't realize that the three big pans on the bottom were a highlighter and two blushes.  I've been using them all as eyeshadows and they work beautifully as eyeshadows.  I'll have to see what I think of them for their intended purpose.
  4. Clarisonic Acne Cleansing Brush Head -- I formerly had the radiance brush head and I was way overdue for a replacement.  I did not feel that this brush head offered me enough exfoliation, believe it or not.  I'm someone with skin that needs a lot of exfoliation.  So I thought I would give the Acne Cleansing Brush Head a try (I am prone to breakouts) and I LOVE it!!!!  Will definitely be purchasing this one again!
  5. Ofra Cosmetics DUPETHAT HIGHLIGHTER in You Dew You -- I saw Mirrors and Haze use this highlighter in a video and I loved that it wasn't warm toned or champagne toned.  I knew I would love this for cooler makeup looks.  This has a really wonderful shimmer without being glittery.  I may buy their smaller pan for a travel palette.
  6. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Fair -- I saw Mirrors and Haze demonstrate this foundation and it looked beautiful.  I go back and fourth between wanting a more luminous foundation and one that is more satiny.  Sometimes I even mix this in my Born This Way foundation for an even more in between finish.  (DO NOT use this foundation with a mattifying primer.  It just does not look good or go on well with one, unfortunately -- you will end up redoing your face if you do.)  I like to powder my face with an HD powder, so for me this helps cut down on my face looking dry.  I got this in fair because Jessica Haze used Fair and it was a little dark for her skin.  So it's just right for mine.  
  7. Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation in Ivory and Warm Nude -- I love the way this looks on my skin!  I can use this with a more serum-like primer, a matter primer or a more silicone-like primer and it all looks good!  When I've used up some of my other foundations this is sure to become a multiple repurchase.
  8. BH Cosmetics Nude Blush – 10 Color Blush Palette -- Muted, nude blushes are all the rage nowadays.  It's no wonder with the more pronounced eye looks and vampy lips that are in vogue, lately.  These blushes offer a wide array of muted colors that are nicely pigmented with some colors having shimmer to them.  A really great value!!!
  9. Black Moon Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Selene --  Per Black Moon Cosmetics: A beautiful deep plum with a gorgeous soft purple pearlescent sheen. Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Paraben-Free, & Gluten-Free -- This is a beautiful plummy shade -- I consider it a medium plum, myself -- compared to a lot of the vampy near black purples that are around, right now.  This lipstick is not transfer proof, but is also not as drying as most liquid lipsticks.  Great if your lips are too dry for the usual liquid lipstick formula; or, if you need to give your lips a rest from wearing a more drying formula.
  10. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette -- I got this palette for Christmas.  Ever since I took a look at Mirrors And Haze's Grunge Black Smokey Eye | Taylor Momsen Inspired Makeup tutorial, this is my favorite way to wear this palette.  I wasn't much for using black shadow before that tutorial.  But, ever since I learned how to blend shadows properly, I love it!!!
  11. Nubian Heritage Body Wash in Patchouli & Buriti -- Per Nubian Heritage: A gentle fragrant wash, rich in vitamins and minerals, hydrates and calms the skin. Aromatic Patchouli Oil works to uplift and soothe the senses while Organic Shea Butter and Buriti Oil combine to cleanse the skin without drying. Leaves the skin soft and renewed. -- I love the way both this and the Goat's Milk & Chai Body Wash smell.  A sweet and spicy type of fragrance for both.  They're gentle on the skin and every time I open the shower door, it smells so good.
  12. Nubian Heritage Body Wash in Goat's Milk & Chai with Rose Extract --  Per Nubian Heritage: Conditioning Goat's Milk high protein, vitamin and mineral content helps soothe and moisturize skin, balance its natural pH and promote natural exfoliation and mild cleaning. Silky smooth and supple skin is further nourished with Shea Butter and protected with Chai and Rose extracts.
  13. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Thin Lizzy - sparkling brick copper -- I never see this color in and actual Sephora.  I had to order mine online.  It is a BEAUTIFUL color -- works so well for today's eye shadow looks.
  14. L.A. Splash STUDIOSHINE WATERPROOF LIP LUSTRE in Venus --  This is a beautiful magenta purple color!!!  I love wearing this with an todays burnt orange and red eyeshadows. 
  15. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eye Liner + Serum in Ultra Black -- I used this a couple of years ago, then I started trying some other eyeliners.  I came back to this over six months ago.  I love the way it applies and I do see a difference in my eyelashes.  Not as big a difference as people see with something like Latisse  -- but there is a difference.  I love the way my lashes look now when I put mascara on them.
  16. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream -- I was never an eye cream person.  But I started realizing that I need something a little more emollient for under my eyes as I tend to use very lightweight moisturizer for my face.  I especially love this before I put on makeup.  It helps the concealer to look better under my eyes.
  17. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM -- I got this, maybe a year ago; but, I didn't start really using it until the last couple of months.  I mix it with a vitamin c and/or a  matrixal serum.  Sometime I mix it with my Paula's Choice 1% retinol serum as well.  I really like that it's lightweight and sinks into the skin.
  18. Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Eye Shadow Collection -- I think this is my favorite Too Faced eyeshadow palette.  The colors are right up my alley and apply really well.  This is a great palette size for traveling too!
  19. Makeup Geek Blush Pan in Romance -- Soft rose with gold shimmer -- One of the things I love about Makeup Geek is that they offer their makeup in pans as well as compacts.  I wish more companies would do that.  I love a blush with some shimmer!  This is a nice neutral blush color and the pigmentation and texture is great!
  20. MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette -- I don't think I've ever been so excited to receive an eyeshadow palette!  I squealed with delight when I opened the palette and swatched the colors on my skin!  Such good shadows and such edgy looks can be created with this palette! Love, love, love!!!
  21. Anastasia Beverly Hills CONTOUR REFILL - FAWN -- Tawny  -- Fawn is actually lighter and a tad warmer than the pic above.  This is a really great contour for lighter skin.  And it is cool enough for my skin tone as well.  I bought this so I could create a custom travel palette for myself that included contour.
  22. Ben Nye's Remove-It All -- Per Ben Nye: easily breaks down heavy creme makeup as well as Spirit Gum, medical and prosthetic adhesives for effortless removal. -- A) Yes, this does remove everything! -- Even the most difficult to remove lipstick. B) You don't have to shake it up -- unlike other waterproof makeup removers. C)  It's very economical (albeit the bottle design is very basic).  The only thing I don't like -- & this goes for other waterproof makeup removers --  is the remover tends to run down the bottle no matter how careful I am.  Since this stuff has a "greasy" consistency; it's quite a pain when it does that.  So, I've ordered a glass serum pump bottle for it that I can reuse over and over again.  I hope that does the trick.
  23. Nyx Cosmetics Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer -- I really like this; but, I have a feeling the texture is supposed to be thinner than the one I currently have.  People compare this to Hourglass's Veil Mineral Primer -- which is quite thin in consitency.  My tube of Angel Veil is quite thick but doesn't feel like the average silicone primer, which I can't stand the feeling of on  my face.  This actually feels comfortable on my face and makes foundation apply really well to my skin.
  24. Diptyque - Tam Dao Eau de Toilette --The mountains of Tonkin tremble under the weighty steps of elephants carrying uprooted trees of precious wood through the vines. Majestic sandalwood breathes out its redolence in the sweltering heat of the jungle. Tam Dao pays tribute to the most sought-after of the sacred woods: the sandalwood of Goa. --Tam Dao is a unisex sandalwood fragrance with dark bitter notes and an evasive green note.  This is what I love to wear if I'm not in the mood for my girly fragrances.
Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...