Monday, September 26, 2016

August 2016 Favorites -- Jewelry Home & More!

  1. H.P. Lovecraft - The Complete Fiction (Barnes & Noble Leather Bound):  I had been trying to collect some of the B&N Leather Bound books.  I hadn't really read H.P. Lovecraft and was intrigued. I am reading one of the stories for my Book Club: ADHD Style -- Intro.
  2. WheatStateVintage (Etsy) - Vintage 1950s Smith Corona Super Speed (typewriter):  This is part of my oddities collection that is going on my shelf.  I love it!!!  I don't think it's functional; but, I have no desire to use a manual typewriter. Having used typewriters and pain-in-the-butt word processors,  I have thanked my lucky stars, often, at the invention of MS Word.
  3. BBC - Ripper Street:  I love this show.  It takes place in Whitechapel during the dingy, grodie side of the Victorian Era.
  4. Sourpuss Clothing (Amazon) Anatomical Ribs Pillow: I saw this & #6 on Instagram's alternative.outfits.ideas (I think). I loved the way they looked and had to have them.  I was so glad when I found them on Amazon.
  5. Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Boxed Set:  These covers had intrigued me since I first saw them in a bookstore a few years ago.  I forgot all about them; then, the book popped up in Amazon after I searched for some other books.  I was, again, intrigued, and clicked on the book to see reviews etc.  I then discovered they were making a movie about the books.  I figured, if I was going to get them, the time was now, before the book covers changed to match the movie.
  6. Inked Boutique (Amazon) Sourpuss Anatomical Heart Pillow:  (See #4.)
  7. E-CLING (Amazon) Scotch Magic Tape Dispenser (Black Kitty):  I couldn't resist getting this when I saw this on Amazon.  It reminded me so much of our kitten Luna!!!
  8. Modern Vase & Gift (Amazon)- CYS® Apothecary Jar, H-13" - Candy Buffet Jar:  I had been wanting some apothecary jars to decorate my office shelf with and I found this and the jar below.  I have not filled them yet; but, at least one of them should be filled in a week or two.
  9. Modern Vase & Gift (Amazon)- Apothecary Jar, H-14.75" - Candy Buffet Container: (See #8)
  10. BBC - Peaky Blinders:  I wanted to see this show ever since I heard about it on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.  The problem was, I did not have Netflix and was not going to subscribe just to see one show.  I patiently waited for DVDs to be available in the United States.  One fortuitous evening, my hubby and I happened to be walking around in Target and I saw the first season of Peaky Blinders on their shelf for less than $10!!! As I suspected, I loved it & now also have the second season.
Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...