Friday, September 9, 2016

August 2016 Favorites -- Beauty & Bath


  1. Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Foundation: (Shopped my stash.)  I used this about a year ago.  I stopped using it because the shade I have -- Medium became way too dark for me.  This worked really well for me this summer.  If it got too dark, I mixed it with my It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination in Light.  I find that I like the finish of the Laura Geller foundation better than It Cosmetics.  The finish looks more natural.
  2. e.l.f. Sunkissed Glow Bronzer in Sunkissed:  I got this free, along with a few other items with one of my e.l.f. orders.  I was blown away by how much I liked this bronzer!  It looks natural, and is light enough for fairer skin.
  3. Hard Candy Baked "Bronzer" in Tiki: (Shopped my stash.) I've had this for about two years.  I started using it again.  It's finely milled, and great for those days when I want a highlighter that's not uber shimmery but I still want shimmer.
  4. Sedona Lace Wanderlust Brush Set: These look like Real Techniques' higher end brushes.  I don't own any so I cannot say whether they are exact dupes or not.  The handles are not metal.  I really like these brushes.  The large brush pats powder on fabulously.  The triangle brush blends concealer like a dream.  The smaller tapered brush is great for setting undereye concealer with powder.  The rectangular brush applies foundation well.  I've used the eye brushes interchangeably with my other eye brushes.
  5. TheBalm Meet Matt (e) Nude: (Shopped my stash.)  Who knew a nude palette could be so fun!  I started using this again when I couldn't find my Paula's Choice palette that I usually use with my Electric Palette.  The pans are big, the colors are nicely pigmented
  6. Zoya Amy + Butter London Saucy Jack + Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice = My own custom color that I like to call Sparkling Blood Orange.  (Shopped my stash.) I was looking for a rusty orangey red.  Then I realized I probably had enough polish that I didn't use to make the color that I wanted.  Yay!
  7. e.l.f. Selfie Ready Foundation Brush: (Shopped my stash.) I didn't quite love it for foundation; but, it really works well for concealer!
  8. e.l.f. Flawless Face Brush:  (Shopped my stash.) This is an excellent multi-tasting brush!  I've used this for contour, bronzing and patting powder on my face.
  9. Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9: (Shopped my stash!)  This is actually my third purchase of the BHA I stopped using this for a bit; and, took it up again when I started getting some hormonal acne.  Works really well for me!  I mix it with moisturizer.
  10. Paula's Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment: (Shopped my stash!)  I stopped using this in lieu of more liquidy Vit C serums.  I'm finding I really like adding this to the BHA 9 and moisturizer under makeup.
  11. PrettyLilMzGrace Eyeshadow Palette: (Shopped my stash.) I had this for a while before I used it.  It's really nicely pigmented.  I love that there are a few neutral colors to use with the brights!  The brush that comes with it is really nice quality as well!
9 our of 11 items were Shop My Stash items!!!  


Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...