Monday, May 2, 2016

2016 January - April Empties

I finally put together an empties post.  This year is a year of using up non-cruelty free products, as well as using products that have less than half  left.  If I've found that a product is not cruelty free, I state that.  I've already got a few more empties since posting this blog entry.  Yay!!

  1. This is from the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Spotlight Trio -- that I got a couple of Christmas seasons ago.  The color up above is Pearl.  I find I like using these mixed in foundation.  After I'm done with the trio, I have a drugstore illuminator to use. When I'm done all of them, I may get a full sized bottle of the Becca's Opal.
  2. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer. -- This one's actually a cheat.  I used about 1/2 the tube on its own.  I used the rest of the tube with an orange corrector and primer to make peachy colored gel like concealer.  I will be doing a post about it.  A lot of people like this concealer.  This concealer is so thick, to me, and not easy to work with.
  3. Nyx Cosmetics Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand -- I liked this concealer.  It covered well and was easy to use.  However, it seemed like I didn't get a whole lot of uses out of this.  I have a couple more tubes of this.  I'll have to see if it was just my imagination or not.
  4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer Treatment -- I actually like this product; but, it is not cruelty free so I will not purchase anymore -- unless Maybelline goes cruelty free.  I still have a bottle and a third to use up from my old stock.

  1. Nyx Slide on Eyeliner Pencil in Purple Blaze -- No, I have not used it up.  It dried out on me.  In its defense, I have had it for a couple of years.  On the other hand, I have colors I purchased at the same time that are still good.
  2. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black -- This is a staple in my makeup arsenal.  I love it!!!  I love the brush tip, I love the way it makes my lashes look in the long run (it helps the lashes grow better).  I have a couple of backups of these on hand, always.
  3. & 4. BH Studio Pro HD Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette and Medium -- Another staple in my arsenal.  I prefer the brunette one, though. I have many backups of these.

  1. Nyx Cosmetics Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade -- Mine dried out on me; and, I hardly used any of it.

  1. Colour Pop Eyeshadows: This is actually a cheat.  I depotted these.  These were my favorite colors to work with & I was tired of unscrewing each one individually to use them.  Would I buy them again?  Let's put it this way.  If I was the type of person who always stuck with what I could use right in the moment -- yes.  They're beautiful shadows and don't need any lid primer to last.  BUT -- since I'm a makeup addict -- no.  These are a cream powder hybrid that can eventually dry out and become unusable.  So, in the back of my mind, I'm always feeling this pressure to use them even when I don't want to.
  2. Colors Below in the order I photographed them above:  I realized after pulling the above picture into the blog that it would probably be helpful if anyone reading this knew what the colors looked like since I made a palette out of them.  

Pictures don't do justice to:
Bae (Top middle): This is that color that is really popular nowadays.  A bloody purplish red with dark teal reflects.
Crimper (Middle left):  Can't really tell from this picture that this is really shimmery.  It's a really pretty champagne gold.
Game Face (the one hanging out all by itself):  Super metallic orangey copper.
Coconut (Bottom right): Coconut?  Strange name for this color.  A very shimmery almost teal blue.



  1. Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray:  I loved this!!!  I bought this in The Makeup Artist Kit which comes with the Primer Spray and Bridal Spray (one of their finishing sprays).  I still have a bit of the Bridal Spray left.  It's not worth it, to me to buy the priming spray separately since one gets such a big discount by buying these in a set.  So, I'm going to wait till I finish with the Bridal spray.  I may actually try the Oil Control version next time..
  2. Nyx Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray:  This was pretty good!  I was really hesitant to try it because a YouTuber said it smelled really chemically and felt like hair spray on the face.  I did not find either to be true. (I think I got this before I got Skindinavia.)

  1. Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Serum: This was okay.  I didn't notice anything spectacular, using this. When I used this, I would double this as a face primer since it had a silicone feel.  Neutrogena is also not cruelty free; so, I will not be buying anything from them until they become cruelty free.
  2. CeraVe Skin Renewing Cream Serum:  I noticed when using this, that my skin stayed clearer.  I've actually purchased the cream (am waiting for it in the mail) since my skin seems to want a little more moisturization that the serum offers.
  3. Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9: I like this, this was my 2nd or 3rd purchase of this.  I may purchase it again, one day.  The only issue I have is that it's such a small amount for the price and the kind of usage I need from it.  It did seem to keep breakouts at bay, though.
  1. Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion:  This was pretty good!  I've found, however, that my skin needs a more moisture preserving formula, lately.
  2. Bioderma Sébium H2O Micellar Lotion For Mixed And Oily Skin
  3. Bioderma Sébium H2O Micellar Lotion For Mixed And Oily Skin: I had heard so much hype about Bioderma.  It was fine.  It cleaned the skin.  I didn't like it enough to make a second purchase.  I also found out Bioderma is not cruelty free.
  4. Almay Longwear & Waterproof Gentle Eye Makeup Remover:  This worked well.  If Almay was cruelty free; and, if Almay hadn't run their all-blonde "Simply American" ad, I would buy it again.
  5. Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes:  I've heard people don't like these -- at least YouTubers.  These are pretty good, I feel.  They take makup off like they should.  They're good for travel as well.
  6. CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser:  I didn't care for this.  I like a lot of CeraVe's stuff; but, this didn't seem to agree with my skin.  I felt like I was getting more breakouts.
     
  1. The FootMate System Rejuvenating Gel:  This came with a foot scrubbing mat I purchased.  I actually added tea tree oil to it.  So no, nothing I'd seek out.  
  2. Caress Evenly Gorgeous Burnt Brown Sugar & Karite Butter Body Wash:  I really like this; but it's not cruelty free.  Why, Caress, why?!  I have adfitional bottles to use up but will not repurchase unless they become cruelty-free.
  3. Ltd. Edition Dove Winter Care Nourishing Body Wash:  This was also really nice; but, has the same story as above.  Until they decide to go cruelty free, not repurchasing.
  4. Dr. Woods - All Natural Eco-Friendly Castile Soap Pure Tea Tree:  Cruelty-free!  Yay!  This is my "anti-bacterial" deodorant type body wash.  I will even wash my hair with this, once every few weeks if I'm particularly oily.

 
  1. it's a 10 miracle leave-in product:  This is old.  I used to use this all the time.  I've been using a more natural, less expensive leave in conditioner that I love, lately.  More on that in the future.

  1. VitaMelts Fast Melting Tablets Hair-Skin-Nails:  These didn't taste bad at all.  I wished I had read the ingredients, however, before buying.  It's just biotin.  I have since switched to Natrol's gummies.
  2. VitaMelts Fast Melting Tablets Zinc:  I did not like the way these tasted.  I've switched to Vitacost's Chelated Zinc capsules.

Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...