Wednesday, May 11, 2016

April 2016 Beauty & Bath Favorites

No Bath stuff for April 2016.  April seemed to partly be about "shopping my stash"; and, finding favorites in things I didn't think I liked.  That's always really satisfying -- especially when the favorites turn out to be inexpensive!
  1. Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes Eyeshadow Palette and Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette:  These were two palettes that, individually, I felt "Meh!" about and almost regretted buying -- as they just sat in my makeup drawer, barely used, making me feel guilty.  Then, one day I started using the two together, mixing the bright red-orange in the UD palette with the reddish brown in the PC palette, then accompanying it with the purples, and some blending colors and even the bright yellow-green in the inner corner of the eye.  It's a surprisingly quick and easy look that's edgy and more neutral.
  2. Laura Geller Baked Vanilla Highlighter:  I went years hearing about this highlighter but never trying it.  Then I actually had one in my possesion and didn't know what to do with it; because, it wasn't as shimmery as a Becca or The Balm highlighter.  Then I started noticing that I needed something other than a strictly matte powder to set and brighten my undereyes.  This works so beautifully for that!  No more dry looking undereyes!!! Love, love, love!!!
  3. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nosferatu: This is described as a blood crimson.  I love that it has a hint of brown in it.  A very flattering red.
  4. e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush: This is the brush I love using with Laura Geller's Baked Vanilla highlighter.  Puts just enought powder on.
  5. e.l.f. Tweezers:  I heard about these from emilynoel83.  They work really well and are only $1!  Yes! $1!!!  I've since bought at least 15 as I'm always misplacing tweezers.  LOL
  6. It Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Ombre Blush Sugar Plum: Lately, I find I love a mauve blush.  I also love a shimmery blush.  This combines both beautifully and is quite pigmented.
  7. Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette:  First, the packaging is beautiful!  I almost wouldn't have thought I'd like a palette like this; but, the pops of color and the gorgeous blending shades make this an enjoyable palette to use.
  8. Nyx Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette:  Nyx makes some really good highlighters!  I'm not sure why most drugstore brands are not able to create decent highlighters. (Because, clearly it can be done!)  I particularly love the lavender highlighter that is in there!
  9. Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette: A really beautiful blush palette with warm and cool shades.  There's even a highlight and a bronzer in the palette!
  10. Wet N Wild Color Icon Contouring Palette -749A Dulce De Leche:  I did not think I was going to buy another one of these; because, I do not care for the highlighting part of the palette. BUT -- I loved the contouring part of the palette too much to not buy a second one!  The contour blends nicely, is not too cool, not too pigmented (I can't stand having to blend for days because a contour is uber pigmented) and is a great price!
  11. e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder:  I put this powder away for at least a year, thinking I wasn't crazy about it.  Then, for some reason, I decided to use it again.  And I loved it!!! It feels good on the face and doesn't leave my face looking dusty or cakey.  I am almost out of it and have since bought two backups!!
  12. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Spotlight Trio:  This is another item I though I didn't like.  I don't like using this as a cheek highlighter.  I love, however using this with high coverage foundations like Kat Von D's Lock It!  It takes down the coverage when I need something a little less and imparts a glow to the face that my e.l.f. HD powder takes down enough to look really nice!

Ta Ta For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...