Wednesday, August 9, 2017

June 2017 Favorites: Jewelry, Home & More


Quite a bit late, as we are already into the month of August.  June's favorites is actually a favorites for November 2016 through June 2017, since I was gone so long.  Lots and lots of stuff.  Enjoy!

PeachTreats (Etsy) Black Phoenix - Faux Gauge earrings: I thought these earrings looked so cool!  I thought they were only available for stretched lobes.  I contacted the seller and asked if they could be made in Faux Gauge style.  She said yes -- so I ordered them!

PeachTreats (Etsy) Spirals and Spikes - Faux Gauge earrings:  I'm always on the lookout for interesting light colored earrings.  I have long dark hair and need them to be lighter colored if I leave my hair down.

Amazon - Jack Frost (The Guardians of Childhood) - Joyce, William: I love the animated movie, Rise of The Guardians.  I just happened to see The Guardians of Childhood series of Amazon.  The artwork in them is spectacular!!

Amazon - The Man in the Moon (The Guardians of Childhood) - Joyce, William: (See above.)

LostApostle (Etsy) Human Skull Necklace - Antique Silver Skull Jewelry on 24" Antique Silver Chain:  I saw a pic on instagram from a shop where the model wore multiple necklaces with different sized skull pendants.  I liked it so much I got this necklace from Etsy.  It's the only skull necklace I have -- right now.

Amazon - Stainless Steel Razor Blade Pendant Men Necklace 40mm: This was a very inexpensive necklace.  I got it to celebrate a one year marker, of sorts, that makes me very proud of how far I've come.

BunnyPaige (Etsy) Classic Spiked and Pavèd Heart Necklace in Pyrite: I saw Phyrra Nyx on YouTube & Instagram wearing one of Bunny Paige's heart necklaces and loved it.  I got one of my own.

Amazon - Wytches, Vol. 1 - Scott Snyder:  Description: When the Rooks family moves to the remote town of Litchfield, NH to escape a haunting trauma, they're hopeful about starting over. But something evil is waiting for them in the woods just beyond town. Watching from the trees. Ancient...and hungry.  Had to get this, after I saw a pic of it on Instagram.

Amazon - The Evil Garden - Edward Gorey:  This is my first Edward Gorey book!  Guests meet their demise in the Evil Garden via rhyming poetry and whimsical drawings.

Bloodmilk Jewels -Beauty is convulsive. Skeleton key lariat: This was actually a Valentine's present from my hubbie (that I asked for).  I love this necklace.  I am such a fan of Bloodmilk Jewels.

FilmAdvance (Etsy) Compco Reflex 1 Twin Lens Camera, Art Deco Design: I had previously gotten a vintage typwriter (see August 2016 post).  I thought a vintage camera would look great with it!

Amazon - Anker SoundCore mini, Super-Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Gold: This rechargeable speaker is about the circumference of a can of soda and just over 1/2 the height.  It puts out good sound! This is a staple when I travel.

Amazon - The Occult, Witchcraft and Magic: An Illustrated History - Dell, Christopher:  I saw this on an Instagram post and had to have it!  It's an illustrated history of magic in ancient and modern culture across the world.

Amazon - Post-it Cat Figure Pop-up Note Dispenser, 3 inch x 3 inch, (CAT-330):  Why have boring desk accessories when you can have desk accessories that look cute and cheerful?

KombatKustoms (Etsy) Muntjac skull replica: I didn't even know there was such thing as a muntjac, when I first saw this on Etsy.  I was further confused by the fact that the seller also had "skulls" of mythical creatures as well.  I thought muntjacs were possibly another type of mythical creature.  LOL -- But, munjacs are real!  They are a type of deer.

Amazon - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up Adaptation - Carroll, Lewis: This is a legendary beautiful pop-up book.  Surprisingly inexpensive, as well.  When I originally wanted it, it was a bit difficult to find.  So, when I saw it available, I grabbed it!

ClosetandCupboard (Etsy) Russian Leaders Matryoshka Dolls - Set A:  I have wanted a set of Russian Leaders Matryoshka Dolls for around 20 years.  I think I first saw them in Details magazine, or something like that. I finally got them some months ago.

mysouldesign (Etsy) Black Spinne, eco friendly,fabric spider: Someone posted a picture of this on Instagram.  I was fascinated by how realistic the spider looked.  (I'm actually afraid of live spiders -- unless they're garden spiders that never move from the center of their web.)  But this, I could hold!  And there was a certain beauty to it.  I had to have it!  mysouldesign has other life-like insects as well as a few bird sculpture and even a fennec fox.  She also makes jewelry out of her textile sculptures.  I'm really wanting this owl pendent that is in her Etsy store.

Amazon - DECOLE: "MIRANDA" CAT TAIL CLIP BOTTLE (Black Cat):  Again, why have boring desk accessories when you can have whimsical ones?  Plus it looks like one of my kitties -- Luna!

EnchantedRumors (Etsy) Mini Lunar Filigree Spirit Board - Ouija Board: I had been wanting a/an Ouija Board for a long time.  (For decoration.  I'm a bit sensitive; so, I'm afraid to use it.)  At first I wanted to hang it on a wall; but I decided I liked it better on a shelf.

CrazyOldLadyJC (Etsy) You Paint it - 3 Doll Heads Poured: I bought these to help fill an apothecary jar that I had with other doll parts.  It turns out they were big enough that I had two doll heads left over, I used those for another display.

HeritagePosters (Etsy) Magic Houdini Magician Show Maitre Mystere The Great Vintage Poster Repro: I think I was inspired by Houdini and Doyle to get this.  (Sadly the show was cancelled after one season.)  I still have to hang it on the wall.  Some redecoration is in order.

Dellamorteco (Etsy) Anatomical Heart Vase, Red Finish:  Dellamorteco (Dellamorte and Co.) -- the "Curators of the Reliquary Macabre" is run by artist Michael Locascio.  I LOVE their stuff!  This is the second piece I've purchased from them.  I featured the first piece on the March 2016 Favorites -- Jewelry, Home & More post.  You'll see the next two things I've purchased (nightlights) for August's favorites.

flattirevintage (Etsy) Vintage Hand Poured Porcelain 5 Inch Doll Torso:  I bought this to fill an apothecary jar with doll parts.  It's large size definitely lended itself to filling the jar up!  

Amazon - CYS GCL109 Cloche Bell Glass Dome with Tray, 8.5": I put the spider from mysouldesign in the cloche jar along with some artificial moss rocks and Spanish moss.

Amazon - Creative Co-Op Dozen Ceramic Eggs in Box: I didn't want plastic eggs and I didn't want expensive eggs that cost $30 a piece (or something like that).  These fit the bill perfectly!  Some are in an apothecary jar with Spanish moss & some are in an artificial bird's nest.

MoodyVoodies (Etsy) Large Made-to-Order Handmade doll:  I saw MoodyVoodies' dolls on Instagram and I was in LOVE.  The long brown hair & brown eyes and round face reminded me of myself, as a little girl.  I saw a picture of that doll on Instagram and had her make me one.  I love it!!!  I plan to make another order in the future.  (She's even made someone a doll that looks like one of the burlap people in the movie 9.)

Amazon - Sullivans Artificial 5" Moss and Twig Bird's Nest: I wanted a couple of bird's nests for my oddities collection.  It's amazing how just putting faux robin's eggs and displaying it with my other oddities gives the nest a sort of "uneasy" look.

FurAccents (Etsy) FUR ACCENTS Purple Feather Boa Mink (Faux Fur):  I love scarves!  My inspiration for the art of scarves is the late Scott Weiland.  He made it all look good -- uber skinny scarves, scarves the size of sarongs and even scarves that looked like they had been eaten by moths and patinated with time.  This faux fur scarf looked so interesting, I had to have it!  

Amazon - DreamHome Satin King Pillowcase, Purple, Pair:  I actually got these for my hair.  Satin is gentler on the hair (and skin), than regular cotton.  I'm thinking of getting another pair in a bright noticeable color for traveling.  (Bright, so I don't forget to take it with me or take it off before housekeeping comes in.)

Ta-ta-for-now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...