Thursday, October 24, 2019

My Favorite Travel Essentials -- Part 3 - In the Carry On

What goes in my carry-on is very important.  It can make the difference between a relatively care-free trip and an inconvenient trip. Having a well packed personal carry and carry on bag means less packing headaches.  (The next post will be -- what goes in my domestic personal carry.)

So, let's see what's in that carry-on w/the skull design on it.


iKase Hardside Spinner Luggage Skull Garden: I love this carry-on!  I got this in February, 2017.  I wanted something that felt more me.  I previously had a pink carry-on.

Packing cubes (I got them from Amazon.):  These have made my life SO much easier.  For me, this isn't about getting more stuff into my carry-on.  It's about making everything easier to repack when it's time to leave.  This is especially fantastic when we do our once a year road trips and we have to pick up and go at least three times during a trip.

What I Put In The Packing Cubes:
I reserve the smallest cube for undies and bras.

One medium sized cube will contain my t-shirts, which I individually roll up.  If there's going to be swimming, I will pack about three swimsuits in there.

Another medium cube will house my pants and socks.

My Asics gel sneakers go into the shoe bag.  I actually got these, in New Orleans, after my feet got so sore from walking.  My hubbie made me get sneakers.  LOL  So, I always take them when I go traveling -- just in case.

Messi: (Puma plushie) Yes, I take a stuffed animal with me!  I don't feel right without one.  I named it after a recue Puma, named Messi, that lives in Russia.  His Instagram page is called:  I_am_puma

Anker SoundCore mini, Super-Portable Bluetooth Speaker with 15-Hour Playtime, 66-Foot Bluetooth Range, FM Radio, Enhanced Bass - Gold:  I got this in April of 2017 -- so, I'm sure there are more updated ones than mine.  It is a little shorter and slightly wider than a soda can.  It has pretty good sound, and has a nice small size.  I feel a bit lost without my music and just listening to it with earbuds just doesn't cut it.

Baggu -- Big Baggu:  If you have not heard of them, Baggu specializes in reusable grocery bags. (They do have other types of bags, however.) They have Standard, Baby and Big.  I got a bunch of Standard bags for shopping and some Big ones to use as laundry bags as home.  I've found that these make nice laundry bags for travelling as well.

Ta-Ta-For-Now!
Sophie in her doggy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...