Wednesday, October 30, 2019

My Favorite Travel Essentials -- Part 4 - In My Personal Carry

Pardon the lapse in time between my last Travel Favorites post and this one.  Halloween is a busy night in our neighborhood with a ton of children appearing at our doorstep to get candy treats.  We ran out of candy, last year in just over an hour (and we made probably 120 or 125 treat bags).  This year, I was busy making 242 treat bags.  Hopefully, this amount will satiate the costumed crowd.

Today's post is about my personal carry. (This is domestic, Mexico and Canada, only.  The bag I use for my personal carry is too big for international flights.)  Since, this is the bag I keep on my seat, it houses the creature comforts I need, if , for some reason, I am not sleeping during the flight.

Lug Puddle Jumper Bag: This was originally intended for a gym bag.  But, I discovered that this makes a really nice personal carry for domestic flights!  There are lots of compartments to keep things organized.

Travel Blanket (from airport):  I just recently got this.  We were on our way to Puerto Vallarta and had a stopover in LAX.  That plane from Seattle to L.A. was FREEZING!!!  (And I am not someone that gets cold easily.) I had never been so cold on a plane.  Since we had some time, I got a blanket from one of the shops at the airport.  It is going to be a permanent item in my personal carry, from now on.

Lint Roller: Get rid of blanket lint -- or just lint, in general, after your flight with a lint roller.

My Skincare/Fragrance Bag:  If it's a long flight, I may feel like taking off my makeup and giving myself a moisturizing mask to feel refreshed etc. If you'd like to see what is in my Skincare and Fragrance bag, click here:  My Favorite Travel Essentials Pt. 2 -- Skin Care and Fragrance

My Makeup Bag:  I may feel like or want to reapply my makeup after giving myself a skincare treatment during a long flight, so I can feel refreshed.  If you would like to see what's in my Makeup bag, click here:  REPOST: My Favorite Travel Essentials Pt 1 -- Makeup

Puzzle Books:  Having ADHD means I can't just sit and do nothing.  I need something to entertain my ADHD brain.  So I bring puzzle books, in the even that I am not sleeping and there is still a good amount of time left in the plane-ride.

Wallet:  Got to bring that wallet!

My Smartphone:  Again, Having ADHD means I can't just sit and do nothing. I might organize my photos or organize my memos.  I might read a Kindle book.  I might even listen to an Audiobook.

My iPod:  My iPod is pretty much on the whole time I'm on the plane.  Even if I'm sleeping.  This way I'm not distracted or irritated by other sounds on the plane.  You may wonder why I don't just put my music catalog on my phone, it's because I tend to keep my iPods much longer than my phones.  And adding music is just another thing that will eat up my phone battery.  

A Notebook:  Again -- ADHD. (LOL)  I might do some writing.  More often, I may challenge myself by writing down all 50 states.  Or I may challenge Curtis to a game of "Hangman".

Charger Cords:  Got to have those!

Earbuds:  Can't listen to an iPod on a plane w/o earbuds

Wireless Charger:  Unfortunately I messed up my charger port, on my phone, one night, by trying to shove my iPod charger in there.  (Sigh!)  The guy at the phone repair kiosk said he couldn't fix my phone w/o breaking the glass but suggested a wireless charger.

Shower Wipes or Wet Wipes:  During a long flight, I may feel oily or grubby.  So I take some wipes with me, just in case.

Colored Ballpoint Pens:  I like different colored ballpoint pens in particular for puzzle books.  Really dark pens tend to make it difficult for me to do word search puzzles.  Plus, if I make a mistake on another type of puzzle, I can write over it with a darker color.


Ta-Ta-For-Now!
My friend's cat AND Luna's brother, Billy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...