Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Favorite Foundation, Concealer, Finishing Powder (& Primer): Then & Now (11 Years Later!)

What a long way foundation and concealer etc. has come since 2009!  It used to be that finding a nice, non-cakey full coverage concealer was only a high end cosmetic option.  Nowadays you can get great drugstore options.  Back in 2009, not a whole lot of people were using face primer.  The face primers that were available were usually silicone primers.  (Remember when Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel was all the rage as an inexpensive option for a face primer?)

In 2009, I was using Clinique because I thought I was having allergies to my makeup and my makeup sponges.  It turns out I was allergic to shrimp & crustaceans in general.  I do not use Clinique anymore because they test on animals.

The KVD Lock-It Foundation has a learning curve as do most high coverage foundations.  Less is more with a foundation like this.  When people complain about cakiness with this and other high coverage foundations, it's usually because they are using WAY too much.  At the very most -- you only need ONE pump.  Use a non-silicone primer and some face mist to help the foundation spread better. You can even mix some of the primer with half a pump of foundation if you would like sheerer coverage (no need to get a separate foundation for that).  I use a nice dense brush with all of my foundations.

The same principle goes for high coverage concealer.  Slathering on high coverage concealer leads to cakiness and creasing.  Less is more.

Ta-Ta-For-Now!
Baby Luna!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...