Friday, July 24, 2020

Three Favorite Single Shadows: Then & Now (11 Years Later!)

Looking at my favorite single shadows from 2009, I'm quite surprised at how boring they are.  LOL
The picture that I used for NARS Bombshell is actually a shadow called Euphrate.  It was the closest approximation to Bombshell that I could find.

As you can see, 11 years later, I love more color, particularly red tones.  

I was really into red and orange tones 30 years ago, when I worked in a department store.  You couldn't really find shades like that at the time.  A friend and I loved the orangey eyeshadow looks that were seen on the runway (remember Style with Elsa Klensch on CNN back then?)   We each found a carrot orange blush that a French company named Orlane made and bought one.  I loved it until I would start getting a stye every time I wore it.  Then, I saw Demi Moore with red eyeshadow on the Arsenio Hall show (remember that?) and I had to have some red shadow.  There was a cosmetic company at the time that was part of the Estee Lauder umbrella of brands -- I can't remember to save my life -- but they made custom makeup.  When I visited Boston in '91 or '92, I had them make me a trio of shadows -- one of which was reddish. The point of this story is that I'm glad the colors I love are readily available now!!!
Ta-Ta-For-Now!                 
I think I got these guys in Atlantic City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...